La Doña Restaurante Mexicano
Authentic Mexican Cuisine
I have dreamed of seeing this restaurant come to life for many years. The concept is close to my heart and in every way a representation of the culture I have been lucky enough to inherit from my home country, Mexico. My family, and specifically my mother, ignited in me a passion for cooking. For La Doña, my husband, Andrea Covino, also inspired me by having a restaurant, Andrea Trattoria Italiana, exemplifying his roots. We have worked endlessly with our sons Luca, Brian, and Carmine as inspiration. Therefore, I hope to share my roots, the true Mexican and specifically Oaxacan cuisine and gastronomy that I learned from my culture. My greatest wish is to bring the light and fresh foods one might find on a beautiful Mexican beach to the shores of Cape May, NJ.Lucy Covino
Check out our Lunch Menu
Our Dinner Menu
We are closed for the season.
Thank you for a wonderful summer!
What are we serving?
My goal is to bring full-flavored, authentic Mexican and Oaxacan favorites to the shores of Cape May, NJ. Our menu will feature seafood, meats, and vegetarian dishes prepared with fresh, locally-sourced products and produce.
Some of our favorites we are sure you will want to try include:
- Huachinango Al Mojo De Ajo – Fresh Whole Red Snapper, Fried in a Garlic Marinade
- Simple and Refreshing Salads
- A Variety of Tacos (including fresh fish and vegetarian options)
- Fresh Guacamole – made table side
- Shrimp Cocktail, Ceviche, and other light seafood dishes perfect for eating on the sand
- La Doña’s Mole, A family recipe for the traditional savory chocolate sauce
- Homemade Salsa and Chips
- Signature Flan, Fruit Sorbets, and Tres Leches Cake
- Mexican Sodas
La Doña is BYOB
Or as we are known to say, BYOT – Bring your own Tequila!
We always have plenty of Margarita Mixes available.
Fresh Seafood is abundant in the Coastal Regions of Oaxaca.
Our Signature Flan
One of our favorites – Flan
Our Cape May Location
We are in the Carpenter’s Square Mall, less than 500 feet from the Cape May beach.
La Doña Mexican Restaurant
fax: (609) 884-4536